OEM Approved Solutions to Vehicle Security Access Requirements
Bosch ADS Series tools are FCA approved for secure access to unlock the Secure Gateway Module (SGW) found in late model vehicles - seamlessly and within seconds.
What is Secure Gateway Module (SGW) and what is impacted?
- More OEMs are implementing security measures on newer vehicle models to protect the vehicle’s communication networks from potential cyber-attack exposure and hacking
- Starting with most 2018 models, FCA implemented a Secure Gateway Module (SGW), similar to a "firewall", to protect the vehicle network
- Only certified diagnostic tools with Wi-Fi access are compliant to properly unlock the gateway’s tester authentication process to perform these diagnostic functions
- Functions requiring SGW unlock:
- Clearing DTCs
- All bi-directional functions (calibrations, relearns, actuations, and adjustments)
What are the requirements to access SGW-equipped vehicles?
Unlocking FCA Secure Gateway Module-protected vehicles with Bosch ADS requires 2 steps:
Get set up with AutoAuth
- Create AutoAuth user account (free)
- Provide your username to the shop owner to be added to the shop account
Any registered user can use any tool within a registered Shop Account. A scan tool serial number can only be assigned to one shop in the AutoAuth system.
Bosch ADS Seamless SGW Access
After AutoAuth account is set-up, confirm your ADS tool is updated to the version 4.0 or higher software and connected to WiFi
Functions that requiring unlocking (clearing DTCs, bi-directional functions) will prompt for AutoAuth username and password.