The Bosch MMD 540H Hybrid Multimeter is a CAT III safety rated, auto ranging digital multimeter designed for automotive diagnostics and electrical troubleshooting. Whether your shop services automotive, fleet, motorcycle, marine or small engine, the MMD 540H has the capability to keep up with your business.
- CAT III (1000v) safety rating for hybrid vehicle circuits
- Peak, Min/Max readings as fast as 1 millisecond
- Higher amperage test ranges, up to 20 Amps
- Inductive RPM clamp for conventional and DIS ignition systems
- Fused diagnostic test leads for safe trouble shooting (up to 20 amps) at the circuit fuse location
- K-Type thermocouple for quick temperature measurement
- Large LCD display with bright backlighting and auto shutdown
- Tri-lingual users manual on CD (English, Spanish, French)
- Rugged nylon case with handle for efficient storage
Hybrid electric vehicles have high-voltage components. Use this tool on hybrid vehicles only if:
- You are trained in high-voltage electrical system repair on hybrid electric vehicles.
- You have read and follow the OEM manufacturers approved hybrid electric vehicle service procedures due to the high voltages in hybrid vehicles
- You are using the CAT III / 1000V rated leads included with this kit.
- You are wearing proper protective gear, including Class 0 Type 1 electric service gloves that are free from defects/faults and that meet ASTM D120 standards and protect up to 1000 Volts AC / 1500 Volts DC.
Failure to follow these steps could result in shock or electrocution, causing severe injury or death.